HINTS & TIPS FOR VISITORS
Please read below for a number of hints and tips that will make your upcoming experience even better at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland.
- Allow extra traveling time during the summer months.
- Be aware that the Lady Knox Geyser is presented once a day at 10.15 am, arrival at 9.30am is advised.
- It is a short drive in your own vehicle from the Visitor Centre, walking to the geyser from the Visitor Centre is not recommended for safety reasons.
- There is ample parking at the site of the Lady Knox Geyser and most people are parked within a walk of about 100 metres to the geyser arena.
- Dress for the weather.
- Lockers are available for use, a NZ $2.00 coin is required
- In summer it is recommended that sun screen and hats are worn and drinking water carried.
- Being an active volcanic area with undulating terrain, sturdy footwear is recommended, it is NOT a good idea to wear jandals, sandals or flip-flops.
- There are no toilet facilities in the main park, excellent toilet facilities are available at the Visitor Centre.
- There are plenty of photo opportunities so it is a good idea to ensure that you have fully charged equipment and plenty of space on your memory card.
- The guide map provided with your ticket contains a great deal of useful information about the features within the park. There are currently translations available in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian and Czech.
- We are open on all public holidays-half day Christmas Day